Sunday, October 2, 2011

A little bit about us...


So, the summer before going into my freshman year at UC Irvine, I thought it would be fun to friend every cute freshman Anteater on Facebook. Now, I'm not usually this forward (and I don't think freshman = fresh meat, well ok, maybe I did) but I thought, hey, why not casually introduce myself to a few eligible incomers from the safety of my keyboard?

Enter Brian. He was one of a few guys who had messaged me back, and we chatted from July to the start of school. We talked favorite restaurants, favorite books, favorite movies, relationship history, family and threw in a few existential questions for good measure. We met a week after we moved in, and six years, a house, a dog (the best beagle ever!) and a ring (a really, really pretty ring) later - here we are - planning a day I've really been planning for years.

We've got most of the basics down in terms of knowing when we want it and where we want it. And thanks to our best buds who just got married, I'm pretty sure we know what food we want. But those best buds and another best bud whose impending nuptials are a month away, have also been good prep for the stress that lies ahead.

I know planning in my head is going to be different than planning for real, so I'm looking forward to taking this journey with Brian and figuring out all the details along the way - after all, what better way to prepare for life's stresses that will hit after the wedding?



No comments:

Post a Comment